ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Accelerated Math
View Single Post

MrsPsop

I used it for whole class
Old 08-19-2007, 06:13 AM

I used Am for my whole class when I taught 5th grade. (My new school doesn't have it )

Here's what I did. Every day the students were given an assignment. They had to turn in their cards before the end of the day, or it was their ticket to a lunch, p.e., etc, if they didn't have it done they stayed to finish.

Someone created a really cool chart for the kids to turn their cards in, so just by looking at it, I could see who turned theirs in and who didn't.

After the program was going for a while, If students turned in wrong card, or forgot to put form number on, I charged them a classroom buck. (I used a token economy) Also, if students LOST their assignments and needed a re-print they had to pay Two bucks, lost cards were One buck.

For motivation, When I graded I kept a simple graph to chart how many objectives each student has mastered for the quarter. This got a bit of a competition going. I created awards and had a "ceremony" for the first, second, and third place winners each quarters.

When students reached an EXERCISE the assignment had to be done with me or a student tutor (a student who already mastered that objective) I would write WORK WITH ME or the name of the student tutor on the assignment.

I hope I explained this well enough.
MrsPsop is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net