ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Rainforest Ideas
View Single Post

Wrigley

I have a Rainforest Theme
Old 08-20-2007, 06:51 PM

I am doing this theme this year. I have had so much fun! I have a word wall that is "We're Wild About Words" with the words on monkeys and synoymns of those words underneath them. I also bought a BB set that had monkey and jungle pictures for items such as the lunch count, class rules, class news, and class schedule. It also came with a card that said "We're Swinging Into Third Grade". I also bought a paper cutout tree to place in the hall with each student's name on a monkey. I have a big palm tree in front of my window. I also have toucans with the students' numbers on them for keeping up with their AR points. They move their Toucan through the three levels of the rainforest (up a cutout tree) to the number of points they have on AR. I just recently made a hut over my door. I did this by hanging an old shower curtain rod in my doorway and then glueing an Hawiian table skirt over my door to hang over the shower curtain. It is soooo cute. I also hung vines over my two bulletin boards with green paper and rainforest border. An artist friend of mine let me borrow her paintings of the characters in the Jungle Book movie. I dont plan on changing this theme for awhile. I hope that some of this babbling helped.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net