ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - November projects
View Single Post

miss.anderson

November project
Old 11-02-2007, 01:27 PM

I have one that comes out looking awesome, but is kind of a pain to do...

I have a coloring page of a cornucopia (I'm sure you could print one off a website) and I give each kid a copy of the page and a transparency to put over it. (You have to tape or paper clip the transparency to the coloring page.) Then you let them color the page with different colored Sharpies (or any permanent marker I guess). Now here's the annoying part -- after they color the picture, you take away the coloring page from behind the transparency and the black lines of the coloring page are no longer there. So last year I traced all 20 coloring pages onto the transparency around what they had colored in, using a black Sharpie. This took approximately forever!

(This year I am going to try to run the transparencies through a copier, so that the picture of the cornucopia is actually on the transparency and they can just color it in, but I'm not sure it will work. Has anyone ever tried this?)

Anyway, once u have the transparency colored it, you take a piece of aluminum foil the size of the transparency, crumple it up, then (carefully!) uncrumple it and put it behind the transparency. So now you basically have a piece of tin foil with a transparency that they colored on in front of it.

Then you take a 12 x 18 piece of construction paper (I think that's the size...you know what I mean, the big construction paper) and use it to make a frame. (Basically you cut an 8.5 x 11 hole in the middle so the transparency/tin foil will be framed by the construction paper)

Does that make any sense to anyone? It really looks awesome when its finished - I wish I could show you!
miss.anderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net