ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Figurative Language Page Puzzler
View Single Post

Risa

Figurative Language Page Puzzler
Old 02-11-2008, 01:34 AM

Got this idea from Christina4062 on the Second Grade Board
http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...758#post418758
Quote:
I went to a workshop on Thursday and one thing we learned about are "Page Puzzles". They are a good vocab review/sponge activity for the kiddos.

I made some up for my 2nd graders and posted them on my website... if you're interested go to the section for "teachers" and click on "files". You'll find them in the "p" section!

Christina
http://www.teacherweb.com/mi/central.../mrsbainbridge
Using her idea and instructions, I just couldn't wait. I worked on it 'till I got it done. (Good thing I don't have to go to work in the morning!)

Christina's directions are on her "Page Puzzlers" but basically:
Print out a copy.
Then cut apart the squares. You might want to save a page for your files before cutting apart. (I'm going to print this on cardstock and then laminate.)
Next put the pieces in an envelope and have them available for students to put together.
She also suggests that this can be used for groups where each team gets a set and competes to finish each puzzle.

I tried to use basic fonts that most computers have since I don't have Adobe Acrobat. I played with the shapes and sizes of text to try to make them more interesting to older students. If I make more I might decide to make them all in a more standard text. Of course, I haven't used it yet, so if anyone uses it, I'd like to know how it works out for you.

(Thanks a lot, Christina!)
Attached Files
File Type: doc puzzler-figurative language.doc (31.0 KB, 649 views)
Risa is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net