ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Poll: desks or tables
View Single Post

MalibuBarbie

Tables!
Old 03-08-2008, 04:32 PM

I was able to move across the hall this past year to a room that came with tables! I love them!

I taught K about 8 years ago so I was very familiar and comfortable with community supplies. However, our first grade supply list has always asked for pencil boxes and all the good stuff that goes in them (markers, scissors, etc.) because all 3 first grades have had desks up until this year. Now two of us have tables so we DON'T want the silly pencil boxes and "personal" supplies anymore--maybe next year.

I found two 2-drawer dark blue plastic file cabinets at Big Lots. I put five kid's names on each drawer and they put their pencil boxes in them. The kids USED to go and get them out when they needed them but many haven't for months now! They'll end up going home at the end of the year with beautiful, new supplies if I don't do something about it!

In the middle of each table, I have a small caddy that holds markers, pencils, scissors, sticky notes, stamp pad, date stamp, pens and pencils. I thought they would be way too small but they work PERFECT for 4 or 5 kiddos.

Anyway, having one big smooth surface for the kids to work on is AWESOME! No one has an assigned spot!!! That has worked extremely well for me this year!!! I have two extra tables in the room--at the writing center and in the front of the room....kids can really spread out AND I can move trouble makers where ever I want to WHEN I need to.

No more moving desks around!!! Love em love em love em!
MalibuBarbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net