ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - talking 1st graders
View Single Post

Eydie

Talk, Talk, Talk!!!!
Old 09-06-2005, 02:34 PM

I have 32 now! It's a lot of first graders who are just naturally social but this group seems extra loud! Today my day was better then it has been but I did resort to bribes! ( Let's just call it positive reinforcement!) This is what I did. I wrote each child's name on a popscicle stick and put them in a cup. Before each transition time I pulled two sticks from the cup but did not tell them whos name was on the sticks. I told them I was watching to see if the two mystery people could follow directions quickly and quietly. If they could remain quiet and ready until everybody was ready then I would tell them who the mystery people were and if they had done a good job they could come and get a treat from the treat bucket. They all tried their best each time with the hope that they were the mystery person. It worked today.....I have a feeling though with this group I am going to have to come up with a different stratagy for each day of the week to keep their interest and spirits up. I also use a card system for those who need consequences for their behavior!
Eydie is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net