ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Do you ever miss teaching?
View Single Post

joyfulcalm

No
Old 10-14-2017, 03:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I'm now in my 5th year of retirement, and I don't miss teaching--and haven't since the day I walked out the door. It almost makes me feel a bit of guilt--that I've been SO happy to be retired. But then I quickly remember how I put SO much time, energy, heart & soul into my teaching and my kids over the years. It was a high needs school, and it was a burden of love for sure--but it was the right time for me to retire and leave that burden of love to others. I continue to feel so relieved and joyful. Well, I was joyful before, but sometimes I really had to WORK at putting the joy in each day, if that makes sense. Now, the joy comes naturally. Even when life hands me a challenge (as it does for all of us), I always think "Well, at least I don't have to deal with teaching, meetings, observations, etc. today." .... Having said all of this, I still thoroughly enjoy volunteer tutoring, just 2 mornings a week at a neighborhood school. I love helping on MY terms--and then walking out that door.
joyfulcalm is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net