ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Title 1
Thread: Title 1
View Single Post

WGReading

Old 10-14-2017, 06:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My school is Title wide. Our reading team starts school benchmark literacy assessments (all 580-ish students K-5) on the 2nd day of school. Because of starting mid-week and Labor Day falling early in our school calendar, it usually takes the first 2 weeks of the year to finish those assessments. Week 3 my paras push in to classrooms while I analyze data and meet with grade level teams to develop intervention rosters. Reading intervention teachers and paras start working with their specific students on Week 4. [Many buildings in our district do not place students for interventions until after MAP testing is finished. In those buildings, they start later. In my school, we didn't finish Fall MAP until 10/6.]

Our math intervention teacher starts when we do, even though he doesn't do any assessments. I honestly have no idea what he does during those first 3 weeks. Whenever I walk past his room, he's usually reading or messing around on his computer. His para comes and helps my team with the literacy assessments.

SPED starts pulling students with IEPs on Day 2, per our district's mandate.
WGReading is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net