ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - I am curious why you sub...
View Single Post

Summerwillcom

I am curious why you sub...
Old 10-22-2017, 04:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just happened upon a post that led me here. Do you like it? Why? Is it just a job? Do you like the freedom to have days off? Are you trying to get known in the district? I think subbing would be the hardest job in the education field. When I moved states 1X, many yrs ago, someone told me to sub to "get known." I probably subbed 5-7 times before I turned the ringer off on my phone in the morning. I found a temporary job not subbing. One of my most memorable days was w/ a kid who was ADHD and ODD jumping up and down on a couch! Of course, that was not in the sub plans. I have taught most of my life, but seriously could not make him get off of that couch or stop jumping. ( w/out getting physical...which I would not do...) If it had been my own room, I'd have found a way! Offices did not help subs in that city.. It takes special people for different jobs, I guess. Subs must be super flexible and able to really roll w/ the punches. I ask what you like about it because a lot of retired teachers are doing it now. As I get close to retiring, I am considering doing it for friends whose expectations I know and trust when they are in a bind. It is hard to find subs in the area I live. I know why!

Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net