ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What is this job?
View Single Post

Redday

Redday

Write a list
Old 10-22-2017, 08:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

As the days go by, write a list of things you would like to do. Check out job listings on the internet and your local city governments. An out of classroom position might work for you. You could become a coach for teachers if its available in your district. Maybe a librarian or working for a text book company. There are ideas on this website too. I am in the same boat you're in. Now subbing has become competitive where I live, and I am having some difficulty getting into one of these districts. As a sub, I can work when I feel like it. I can perform or present in front of a class when I want to do it, also.

I agree. I don't want to be working on everything all day long as a regular teacher. I am disinterested in pleasing admin, parents, and students everyday. I know my next job will not be giving presentations and teaching in front of others everyday. That gets very old quickly. Teachers are now social workers, counselors,writers, presenters, data analysts, psychologists, nurses, teachers, baby sitters, and custodians all wrapped into one career. It is too much.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net