ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Cal Fires: Book suggestions for dazed students
View Single Post

Loveandmercy

Cal Fires: Book suggestions for dazed students
Old 10-23-2017, 09:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,
I am a teacher impacted by the recent firestorm in California. My students are in a daze. Some have lost their homes. I am looking for your suggestions of books or lessons or websites or any resources that you feel might be helpful during this very surreal time. These kids, as you know, will remember this event. I also know it can be, after the daze lifts, a powerful time to learn about resilience, unity, community, etc. So many beautiful things can spring from this awful, horrendous tragedy. We are grateful that is was not worse but geez, it is bad here. OK thank you fellow teachers! You all rock! I found a dear little book from Mo Williams about waiting....it is in my car ...I forget the name...but that will be a hopeful little read aloud with many ways to make connections. Also the book about the Crayons being upset (sorry forgot the name of the book...it is hilarious and I think humor will be most helpful with the 8 year olds now also....planning to keep it light at first then work in valuable lessons about resiliency etc) THANK YOU!

Loveandmercy is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net