ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - I am curious why you sub...
View Single Post

spedder1

Why I sub
Old 10-23-2017, 05:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I need lessons on retirement. Really. Actually, I decided to sub to supplement my retirement income. I retired with only 19.58 years in the system, so my retirement income is quite a bit less than my salary. Luckily I had paid off most of my large bills and had gotten my house upgraded so I shouldn't have any huge house bills any time soon. I finally started to collect Social Security, which isn't much, but helps. This year I decided to cut back on subbing to see how I could do on retirement and SS. Well, a long term in my old classroom came up. I couldn't say no. I started week 4 and am very happy right now, even though I am writing IEPs. Somehow they were able to get me permission to be "on the system". Didn't think that could happen, but where there's a will of administration, there's a way. I have a great group of 9, soon to be 10, students with wonderful para assistance. I will probably be done right before winter break as they are looking to hire a newly graduated teacher. They have their eyes on a couple of them, I guess. I guess I'll try that "cutting down on days" of subbing after the new year.
Kathy
spedder1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net