ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Ideas for Gross Motor for PK-K
View Single Post

GdHrtdTchr

Ideas for Gross Motor for PK-K
Old 10-25-2017, 01:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am teaching K-5 computers, but for 2 periods/week, I now go to the PreK/K class so that teacher can have adequate prep time. The kids are certainly very cute. I was told to do gross motor activities. I think I have a fair amount of flexibility to this, as long as the students are doing something useful and the teacher gets her break. Thus far, I have done some songs/movement such as "Hokey Pokey," "Father Abraham," and "Stomp Stomp Clap" (from Physical Ed.) I've also done some nursery rhymes and finger plays like "Where is Thumbkin" -- tying it to the keyboarding they will be doing with me when they are older. I've thought I might doing "Monkeys on the Bed" and "If You're Happy and You Know It" next time. I have also done some dramatic story telling. The kids really remember quite a bit.

Does anyone have other ideas? Or could you refer me to a couple of helpful sites? It has been fun so far and I know I can repeat things with them, but I feel like I could "run out of ideas" before Thanksgiving.

Thanks for any help. I haven't done pre-school for more than a day since I was in high-school.

GdHrtdTchr is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net