ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - I am curious why you sub...
View Single Post

Summerwillcom

Lots of different reasons... I never thought
Old 10-27-2017, 06:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

of it as a lonely job though. I tend to know our subs, but realize...we don't know their birthdays or families like we do full time staff. I shall be more aware of that and to make sure they feel very included in our chats. I figure subs are all sick of the joke, "Who are you today?" I think the retired people sound like you enjoy going back where the kids or staff are known to you. That is why I did not like subbing. I didn't know any1 including the kids in that city. I like knowing what I am walking into for the most part. I am pretty flexible, but not when I can't get a kid I don't know about to stop jumping high on a couch for what seemed like hrs!!.....lol I wouldn't mind subbing where I teach now because I'd kind of know what I was getting into...lol Hats off to you who enjoy the kids and are able to do it. I recently found I won't be retiring as soon as I'd planned...lol So I guess it won't be an issue. I think when I am done, I'll be done. Oh, and good luck and best wishes to those who sub waiting for a FT job to open.
Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net