ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Do you feel respected as a sped teacher?
View Single Post

WalkDontRun

Old 11-01-2017, 06:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I was in a way too small space when I was a behavior teacher for seven years. Those kids need their space, but at least all my cabinets had locks on them! My current school where I am a resource teacher is just six years old. For the first five years I had a big beautiful room, but I always knew it would eventually become a classroom. I am now in a nice and fairly spacious classrom but it's right off the cafeteria and adjoining the music room--big enough, but noisy. My guess is I will lose this space next year and then??? There are Resouce teachers in my district in very cramped spaces and a few share rooms. So I have just be lucky.

I couldn't work in the small space you are describing in the plans for your new school and no way would I be able to do Resource Room on a cart! Do they just not get it???

i do get new curriculum--just not what I need for my students. I have every level of the gen. Ed math curriculum, but no intervention curriculum! I did get a phonics intervention curriculum with our new reading adoption, but have been too overwhelmed this year to even look at it.

My biggest issue is just how huge some of my groups are. I have a 4/5 math group with 15 students. So much for SDI.

I do work with a great and appreciative staff. I feel valued--they tell me all the time that they don't know how I do it every day!

WalkDontRun is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net