ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Do you feel respected as a sped teacher?
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 11-03-2017, 05:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. Today we were in a PD with a state level person who helps with the literacy grant that we got. After her PD we were supposed to stay in the room and plan. She asked my teammate and I if we wanted to get our manuals and come back. She acted surprised when we told her we don't have any manuals, as we've never been given any curriculum. We tell her this every time she comes . Every time, she goes on and on about the programs she's going to be getting for us and how great they are. I just nod and smile at this point .

I'm still upset about the room. Today as I was doing all of my groups I couldn't help but think about all the activities I do on a regular basis that I won't be able to do without space. I am trying to focus on the fact that it's November and next school year is a long way away. Of course I need to see how the rest of the year goes but I imagine I'll definitely at least be looking to see what's out there as far as other jobs next spring. I had my previous P write me a letter of rec before she left last year, so I could use that to apply. If I chose to teach sped at another school I think I'd have to ask A LOT of questions first. Last spring/summer I checked job postings frequently looking for a literacy interventionist position (figuring that was my best shot out of sped) and there literally wasn't even a single opening to apply for!
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net