ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - As teachers, do you text parents?
View Single Post

MrsWok

Old 11-09-2017, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #28

Last year I texted with a parent only because she was a staff member at our school as well. The texting got out of hand sometimes though...constantly asking for help with the homework and other school questions.

This year, I gave my number to a parent who told me her daughter was moving and she wanted to talk about the transition. I gave the parent my cell so we could talk when I got home from school. I told her when I was available and she called me at 6:15AM! I couldn't believe it. Her daughter isn't moving for two months...

The second scenario taught me a lesson and I will never, ever give out my personal phone number again. My gmail connects right to my phone so I can get a notification immediately. I almost always respond right away, it's just easier for me, so it's basically texting without privacy issue.

With that being said, I can't believe this teacher FORGOT a health plan, especially with something serious like diabetes. I wouldn't have told her that I forgot in writing. I mean, I'm sure it happens but respond professionally!
MrsWok is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net