ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Identical procedures does not produce identical results
View Single Post

Ucan

Healthy Competition
Old 11-21-2017, 01:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

When I was still in the classroom,I would often use competition to get students to do things quickly and properly. This worked especially well to minimize wasted time when transitioning between different activities and during clean-up at the end of the day. If your students are seated in groups, set up a competition to see which group can get ready the fastest (with all supplies put away, all trash on the floor picked up, etc.). I used a digital timer on the screen which added to the excitement. You will be amazed at how peer pressure automatically kicks as each group strives to be the first to finish and take their place at the front of the line at the door.

Whenever you try a new strategy, especially with classroom management, it's important to stick to the details as much as possible. I noticed that you deviated from your coach's 10-second countdown by tripling the time allowance! If you are intent on replicating the results, you need to do it exactly the way the strategy was modeled.
Ucan is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net