ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Question about typical para responsibility
View Single Post

kahluablast

Old 12-07-2017, 06:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Our kids who receive both math and ELA special ed support are serviced for 2 1/2 hours a day. I would question whether this student needs their IEP revisited.

It is the teacher's responsibility here, but if the student is significantly below doing anything with the class, it is easier said than done. I would be asking for input from the Sped teacher on what they are doing in sped that the student could do during my spelling time. Could they be doing half the words? How could I modify the activity for the student? But now I have to give several tests? Here in lies the tension between sped and GE. WHen we have had students the sped teacher usually works well with us to help decide how to modify things for them to make the integration time work for everyone. Our EA's are pretty good at asking and coming up with ideas, too, as most of them have worked with the same student for several years and definitely know them better than the GE teacher. That is much appreciated. Maybe this student could work with a low group and the EA doing some word work on words at their level? Or is there a spelling app that could be set up for that time period for the student to use with words at their level?

Last edited by kahluablast; 12-07-2017 at 06:57 AM..
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net