ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Holiday activity
View Single Post

1956BD

I would do something about
Old 12-07-2017, 11:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Snowflake Bentley. I would start reading the book the day before or earlier as it is a long nonfiction picture book. Then after completing the story I would have a snowflake related art activity. There are many ideas on Pinterest. I like the ones that have kids do something related to the fact that each snowflake is symmetrical.

There is a film with the same name. It was made in 2003. It is only 16 minutes long. This would be nice to show perhaps.

https://buggyandbuddy.com/winter-cra...cal-snowflake/

If you bundled white pairs of socks into balls you could go outdoors and have a snowball fight. It would be crazy but the students would love it! It is something they would remember forever. Or you could just end the day with the stem activity.

I would have a collection of snow related picture books to read and share with one another on the rug if they complete the snowflake early or some other extension activity to keep them busy.

Maybe you can find some environmental music with the falling snow theme to play while working on the project to set a calm tone. Not a snow storm by all means.
1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net