ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Question about typical para responsibility
View Single Post

neanea

Old 12-07-2017, 07:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I guess that I am just frustrated because this is my first year as a para and no one really told me what is expected of the child. What I am supposed to do with him all day long when he can't participate with regular classroom work. His ELA spec ed teacher says to just work on cvc words or Sight Words, But With My Kid, I can only work on it so long each day before he burns out on it. Sometimes there is about 1 1/2 hours of Ela in class that he is present in. If he is to be in the regular class all day , shouldn't I be given more of an idea on what to work with him all day? Like I said, I can only practice sight words for so long.

Maybe I am just getting bored and maybe he is too. We have been in school about 14 or so weeks and we are doing the same thing day in and day out. Regular ed kids get a bit more variety, but it seems like the same thing over and over for my kid. I spend most of my modified teaching using his white board to make up work for him to do. I am sure he would like to use other materials but I am not provided with worksheets nor simpler books to use to give him variety. Maybe I just pictured this job differently.
neanea is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net