ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Question about typical para responsibility
View Single Post

neanea

Old 12-10-2017, 12:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I guess since I am all new to this I just don't no what I am supposed to do. No one never eat down and told me what to do besides work with him on besides his little bit of what he does in Math and Reading. I'm not shared with what is in his IEP. I have no idea who his case worker is. I just know his two special ed teachers.
A big chunk of his day is Math and Reading outside of his spec ed class. We have a sensory room and I am now just told that I can bring him down if he gets a bit riled up. I guess I never knew what to do with him during phonics time or when the students are taking a ton of reading tests. I let him join in small group math and I modify what the class does it i can. I do this because I don't want to work on adding and subtracting because he does that for 45 min special ed and he doesn't want to do it for half hour more afterwards .

I guess since all these other subjects that he is exposed to throughout the day are not part of his IEP , no one really cares what he does.
neanea is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net