ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Is This Really Part of Our Job as Teachers?
View Single Post

kahluablast

Old 12-17-2017, 07:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #43

I believe I used
Quote:
“big” and “expensive”
because truthfully the $ you have to spend for a project is all relative, isn't it? I might be able to pop out $10-20 no problem, but someone else might not. I think buying science fair boards for $3 is expensive, especially when it is thrown away afterwards. Doesn't really matter what it is, it is an expense that might not be in the budget and then it is expensive. . Either way, if there are specific supplies to purchase, someone is going to think they are expensive. I already bought school supplies, why should I need to buy more "stuff?" Have you seen some of the projects sent home? Have you thought about why teachers don't do them in school? Messy, require materials not readily kept at school, or more supplies than one teacher would want to provide...

Can you tell I don't like home projects as a parent? Although I get why we do them, and I do like that some of them require my child to come up with her own ideas and be creative, I also saw how many times she redid the same project in different years for different teachers... The more years I teach, the more I don't like home projects.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net