ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Thankless job?
Thread: Thankless job?
View Single Post

kahluablast

Old 12-19-2017, 07:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think we tend to get into a grind and have trouble seeing outside of that box, so I appreciate your comments.

I hope the people who often sub at our school (we are a little isolated, so have the same group typically, year to year) feel appreciated. I know that even though we sometimes grumble because they don't follow our plans, or kids are a little wack a doo after having a sub, we do appreciate being able to have a day away from the classroom for whatever reasons. I appreciate that we don't have to take kids from other classrooms when teachers are absent, and that isn't possible without subs.

I know that we invite subs to treats or meals when they are with us for a day. We try to invite them into conversations during lunch, if they come in and eat.

Thanks for the different perspective. We can all benefit from hearing that from time to time. I have worked many different jobs, and they all have some things in common. One being they all have things that make them bearable and unpleasant. Those things are just different. I am happy to work with kids every day.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net