ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Welcome all Six Trait Plus One Writers!
View Single Post

mein10

Yes.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:24 PM

That is the best book to really get a handle on the traits with. Once you read it, and it is an easy read, truly, you'll have a better understanding of how to teach to the traits. You'll begin to see that it is a language----you use it all the time---you introduce the traits then do mini lessons on them depending on what traits your students seem to be having trouble with. I suggest you buy the book and then start planning. Just remember, the whole point is to teach what your students need at the time...it's not like unit a month type of thing. You will be able to make a collection of great lessons though for each trait. I suggest you get a three ring binder and section it off into 7 sections. Begin collecting picture books, lessons, and ideas in each section according to trait---not month.

Have fun. I do different things all the time depending on where my kids are struggling. Learn to have kids grade themselves and the work of others (no names). The books will give you samples to score and I love having my students tell us all why one got a 1, or a 4 or whatever. It's a great learning tool.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net