ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Help- Pirate Theme
View Single Post

tia

argh!
Old 05-12-2006, 10:02 PM

i did a pirate theme for my classroom last year!

on one huge wall i had 3-D water across the bottom (made with that plastic blue tablecloth stuff--bunched up and stapled), dark blue water background with shark fins popping up, a large island with palm trees and dashes (like a path on treasure map). each child had a treasure chest with his/her name. a large pirate ship (from party store). and title of board: Reading is a real treasure! for every 5 AR points, they got one of those gold plastic coins glued on their treasure chest!

on my front door was a treasure map i had made on that brown wrapping paper and then crumpled up. then i had a pirate (same package as ship) with a big speech bubble...but i don't remember what it said...something like, ahoy, mates! or scalliwags and then something about an adventure...drat! i can't remember. i think i might do that theme again next year, so i'll have to drag it out soon.

this year our theme was monkeys. (monkeys with bananas for AR points and a giant monkey on the door--swing on it to 6th grade!)
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net