ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Do you get pulled to sub?
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 01-31-2018, 11:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

This is the first principal I've worked for that has at all cared about the IEP minutes being met. In a previous district, they had us purposely put less minutes on the IEP than the child was scheduled for. Here, they won't let us do that because they say "over serving" is just as bad as "under serving."

However, in previous years the minutes were almost never met. I feel like they took advantage of the fact that our families are low SES and didn't know to complain. I was pulled for behavior (at least half of the time for kids that didn't even have IEPs) very frequently as well as meetings mid-day and things like DIBELS benchmarking. I told the other school team they should bring up the IEP minutes and they burst out laughing, so I'd guess they've had a similar experience.

Thankfully, with the new P I never get pulled for behavior or pulled into random meetings, and all benchmarking is now done by classroom teachers (they get a half day sub for it). I do still miss some for meetings...they put in for a sub on MTSS days (once per month), but we have shortage so it's not always filled. I also have to go to data teams every 6 weeks and they don't put a sub in for that.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net