ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - School shootings Again
View Single Post

Youthcantknow

It's sickening
Old 02-14-2018, 04:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I've heard reports that the gunman was a former student at the school and was the type that was troubled and had a lot of issues. We all know those kids. I know I have had quite a few over the years that I truly believed could do something like this. I know not all shooters are obvious, but we need to stop talking and take action! We need guidance counselors back in our schools - the kind that help troubled children and teach interpersonal skills. And we need gun control! The founding fathers could not have imagined the weapons we have today and they are NOT necessary for any ordinary citizen. I'm a member of Moms Demand Action, a network of people across the country that don't preach the banning of all guns (that would fall on deaf ears) but instead push for common sense solutions. I know they have an educators version in area, too, that I haven't yet reached out to. We should NOT still be hearing these stories on the news! How many lives do we need to lose? The number is already so high.
Youthcantknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net