ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - School shootings Again
View Single Post

WalkDontRun

Old 02-14-2018, 08:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #35

My first reaction after so many of these senseless shootings, especially the unbearable heartbreak of Newtown has been why, oh why have we allowed the possession of the weapons of choice of so many of these shooters to be legal. I still believe there is absolutely no reason for anyone to own such weapons, but why is the trigger being pulled....

More and and more I am asking a different "why". Why are we experiencing so much more disregard for human life, so much senseless disregard. Mental health issues--possibly. But why such a sudden increase in mental health issues. Desensitization due to violent video games, the impersonal nature of society because of social media and technology. I have more questions than answers.

I have lived long enough to know this is not the way our world has always been. Yes, we have always had wars and yes the history of mankind is replete with horrific violence, but I had a sense of safety and well being in my first 50 years of life that I haven't felt in the last 10 years of my life. I also fear that we are becoming numb to all this madness......
WalkDontRun is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net