ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - School shootings Again
View Single Post

teachnkids

Old 02-15-2018, 06:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #42

Quote:
. Teachers, who have such influence in numbers, largely are doing nothing to advocate for change and they don't get it nor see it. But if they want more pay, they will PROTEST in droves!!
Oh my! So this all boils down to teachers not caring enough. I call BULL ####!

We have little to no power in American schools. We are given too many students with little or no supports to help us.

Come to America and get a teaching job. I'm sure you will be running for the hills in a few short days!

Society here does not value teachers. We can raise all the stink we want about it, but it's not going to change a thing because we're not valued.

In my opinion, mental health help needs to be more readily available and accepting. Society needs to stop sensationalizing violence with movies and video games. Families need to parent again with good core values.

Last, but not least, gun restrictions need to be in place for these high volume devices. There is no NEED for these to be available to the regular citizens. Yes, I believe people have the right to bear arms, and should do so, but other than the thrill of being at a shooting range shooting a weapon of mass destruction is not a NECESSITY! Get your thrill some other way!
teachnkids is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net