ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - 5th to 3rd!
Thread: 5th to 3rd!
View Single Post

yellowdaisies

Thank you!!
Old 02-16-2018, 10:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for these amazing responses! Thank you for all the advice and the many amazing book recommendations! I love books and have spent lots of time learning all I can about quality literature for 5th grade, so this is giving me a great head start for 3rd!

SusanTeach - I've said many times that I wish my kids would tattle MORE! 5th graders seem to get this weird secret society of never telling the teacher anything...and then I find out when it becomes a huge issue or a parent complains. I also love the idea of them being more independent than primary but still young. I have been told that this year's 2nd grade group is overall pretty low, so I'm glad to hear that 3rd graders still like a lot of the fun picture books.

1956BD - WOW! You are amazing! Thank you so much for posting information that I know I will be referencing again and again! I love the website - I hadn't heard of most of these before. Also, I love the idea of using picture books for math, especially for introducing multiplication. Thank you for all your insights about third graders, too!

And I am VERY excited about less hormones...
yellowdaisies is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net