ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Teachers with guns
View Single Post

teach_love

Let's be sensible...
Old 02-24-2018, 04:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

...just for a moment.

What about the consideration of bullet resistant/proof doors/windows? What about locked doors at all times that require buzzing in as an entry method? What about a sign in method that takes a photo of a visitor? What about less days where the community is invited in, causing mass chaos in the halls (grandparent's day, holiday meals/celebrations)? What about tactical equipment that is embedded in the ceilings to deter an intruder, to slow them down, like those smoke screens that are remotely set off by police watching the cameras in live action time through security cameras? How about legitimate training for lock-down procedures? If you want somebody in the building armed, it needs to be somebody with highly trained skills, not just some random teacher who likes to hunt. The thought of arming anything less than a highly skilled person scares me to death. The thought of metal detectors without other precautions scares me to death due to people just assuming they are safe. I'm not just a teacher, I'm a parent too. If we can't fund basic classroom supplies and are barely keeping doors open due to lack of funding, who is going to pay for these gun toting bonuses? There are other upgrades that would be one time costs (structural upgrades) that could be done before arming teachers or placing unmanned metal detectors at the doors.
teach_love is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net