ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - blocking sub
Thread: blocking sub
View Single Post

Gromit

Old 02-28-2018, 03:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Quote:
As a former teacher and currently a sub there is a way to block them from seeing your jobs.
This is what I want. Not a complete block from the building.

The details are that I have some particularly challenging students who need firm, consistent boundaries at all times, and he is a very laid back, don't really care about the rules kind of person. That's fine for your average student who can recognize Mr. X does this and Mrs. Gromit does that. But these particular students take a long time to get back on track after this sub is in class.

He also does not follow my plans. I expect the sub to *teach* my students, especially if they are there multi-day jobs. We also use a lot of technology, and this sub admits he isn't good with technology.

Quote:
We tend to find our favourite subs and pre arrange with them so we avoid problems
Yes, but all my favorites were already booked, so I had to put it in the system and cross my fingers he didn't pick it up. I even asked for a sub who is good with computers in the notes, which should have been a clue not to take the job.

Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net