ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - blocking sub
Thread: blocking sub
View Single Post

Gromit

Old 03-02-2018, 01:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

I feel like my use of the word ďblockĒ has stirred up a lot of emotions. I donít want to prevent this person from getting a job ever. Itís not a block block. Like I said, he just doesnít mesh well with my class. Not every person is right for every job, and thatís fine.

Subbing for an unknown teacher and vice versa is like an audition. You can both decide whether you want to come back or ask back or not. Iíve had a sub say she didnít want to come back to my class. Thatís fine. I donít take it personally.

I know that the lessons I leave are able to be followed and I know the step by step instructions I leave for tech are able to be understood because other subs are capable of doing this. I know other subs can handle my particular kids because they have.

I usually have particular subs I ask for, but on the rare occasion I donít, Iíd like to have other unknown subs, who may or may not do well in my class, have the opportunity to take the job rather than it being grabbed by someone I know wonít do a good job. Then if they do a good job, they go on my list of preferred subs.

This guy wonít go without working at all. Weíre told regularly that itís better for us to put in a job early and then cancel than to put one in late because there are always more jobs than subs.

I feel like there are a bunch of assumptions that Iím leaving poor plans or expecting more than is reasonable or that Iím expecting miracles from someone who is awesome but unable to meet my exceptionally high standards.

This guy doesnít work well with me. Thatís no reflection on you.
Gromit is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net