ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Pre "school" ?
Thread: Pre "school" ?
View Single Post

Hpylife

Pre "school" ?
Old 03-03-2018, 06:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi All,
I'm a teacher in the local public schools, this is my 20th year teaching. I have taught public school for 4yrs, and the other years were spent teaching preschool. I have a passion for preschoolers and specifically "nature" preschool. I just love being outdoors and sharing that with students.

When i taught preschool I loved it, however i stopped because of low pay and no benefits. i had to take a job with the county to get the medical benefits and higher pay.

I really am not liking teaching in the public school and my heart yearns to be back with preschool.

Anyone here decide to do their own "preschool" and find it successful? I have been thinking about doing this for over 10yrs , just never followed through. There are several successful locally owned (non franchised) preschools near me and they have waitlists over 50+ students long to get in. Preschool is a demand in my area. I really do not want to work for someone , I'd like to do my own program.

I thought about working for one, but the pay isn't very high. I'd like to do my own and keep the enrollment small (around 15 students students) Having myself and one assistant running the program. I guess I'm looking for any tips /or info from someone who's been there/done that.
Thanks for letting me ramble...

Hpylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net