ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What is the strangest student name you have come across?
View Single Post

Sitamoia

I taught twins named
Old 03-07-2018, 09:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Harmony and Destiny. They were relatively harmonious but their destiny it seems, was to end up as teen mothers

I taught a boy named Starion - I am still not sure what his parents were aiming for when they called him that. At the same school were Diesel, Nitrate and Daytona (Nitrate was the sister) Very dysfunctional family - not a happy situation at all.

Of course in NZ we had a court case around a nine year girl whose parents in their 'wisdom' had named her Tallulah Does The Hula From Hawaii. The parents lost custody of the child - who was understandably embarrassed by her moniker - and she was able to have it changed.

There are other unfortunate children wandering the country however who have been saddled with names such as Midnight Chardonnay, Number 16 Bus Shelter (I don't want to think too deeply about that one! ), twins named Benson and Hedges and one poor child called Violence. Daft and cruel names seem to exist worldwide unfortunately.

Sitamoia is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net