ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How do you grade papers?
View Single Post

FancyFish

Old 05-27-2008, 05:57 PM

Some items get graded in class (spelling lists, fill in the blank, multiple choice, morning bell work). I may ask them to switch with another student or they might mark it themselves (I ask them to use a different color pen). I ordered two stamps that say "Graded together in class" and "Graded by classmate" so I know what was what. That's just for my personal use (so I can do a quick double check if needed) and so parents are aware also.
We go over math homework together on the board. I give a mark for finished or not finished. I do not assign a grade. When we are finished a section I assign the related blackline master and mark it myself for a grade.
Tests and longer writing assignments take me a few days - I do a couple each day. Something that really helps me mark writing are 6-trait writing sticky notes. I use a 6-trait program, and the sticky note lets me say "This paper was marked for _____" and I fill in the trait. This way I am not always marking writing assignments for every trait, but maybe just for ideas or organization. That has saved me tons of time.
FancyFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net