ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Keeping track of homework
View Single Post

Sass in Class

Same here...
Old 06-05-2008, 02:06 PM

I am also thinking and making changes for next year and homework collection/checking was at the top of my list. I just developed a table that will be attached to manila folder with brads(like you see in the doctor's office for the patients) one for each student. I will start by students that do not have his or her homework will get a citation/mark in their school provided agenda then I will transfer the missed work into the manila folder. The student will fill-in the HW missed and sign and date and when the HW is complete I will check it off and sign. Until I have signed the missed HW as made up the student will have consequence; like not participating in fun Friday. I am looping with my students, so I really needed to change things that did not work because some students would get off not making up HW or would not mind missing recess to make it up. This new system helps me keep track of how many times a student has missed homework on a weekly and within the 9 week grading period. This is also more documentation for the parents at parent-teacher conferences. I think I am going to add a place for parents to sign weekly. I am going to try to attach now. Maybe this will help. I also like the one provided by Risa.
Attached Files
File Type: doc missed homework log.doc (49.5 KB, 589 views)

Last edited by Sass in Class; 06-06-2008 at 04:11 AM..
Sass in Class is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net