ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - morning work ideas
View Single Post

SusanTeach

morning work
Old 06-23-2008, 12:13 PM

I also do something different everyday, mainly just to break it up some, but also to give them practice in different skills each day. I got the idea from another PT member, and I adjusted it to work with my students. It's very similar to yours:

Monday - Math sheet with a variety of math review problems
Tuesday - Daily Language - front and back - so it ends up being 4 days worth in one day
Wednesday - word wall work - write 5 sentences using words from the word wall (I usually tell them which ones to use).
Thursday - Handwriting book
Friday - fun sheet (crossword puzzle, wordfind, color sheet, something holiday-related, etc...)

I used to do a journal every-other Thursday, but I found the majority of my students weren't strong enough in their writing to do any good with that. They would just write the same type of sentences over and over. I may try it again with a new group, but I'll just have to see.

Morning work (to me) is just a review and practice of previous skills. It gives me time to get dr. notes, etc... taken care of without assistance needed on assignments. We go over the work during L.A. time, but normally it doesn't require a huge explanation.

SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net