ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Serving Up Success in 5th Grade!
View Single Post

Newbie06

Serving Up Success in 5th Grade!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:30 PM

While trying to enjoy my summer my brain is racing for additional ideas for my classroom theme next year. I plan on doing something with cooking, or chefs... something along those lines. My hallway bulletin will feature an outline of a chef with a serving platter and coming off the the platter will be my title "Serving Up Success in 5th Grade." I will use a red and white checked tablecloth as my background with a black boarder. I am going to hot glue spoons and forks to the boarder. When students return in the fall I plan on taking their picture wearing a chef's hat, or an apron, or holding a mixing bowl and wooden spoon to add to the board. I will also have the students write their own "recipe" on How to be a Successful Student on actual recipe cards and place them under their pictures on the bulletin board.

However... I don't know how else to incorporate this theme. I'm in search for any and all suggestions you may have to help enhance this theme. Something for classroom jobs.. -- Perhaps waitress? hostess? And an area to display good work.. "Look What we Cooked Up? These are what I am working with and any additional support and ideas are very much welcomed! Thank you!
Newbie06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net