ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Great Ideas for pocket chart?
View Single Post

Garden Gal

small Target pocket charts
Old 07-08-2008, 02:27 PM

I keep finding more ways to use pocket charts. I have one for calendar, one for my teaching easel for large displays and guided reading teaching, and several small ones.
  • I use the smaller pocket charts-currently in the dollar bins at Target- for my classroom job chart. I used plastic tape (colored electrician's tape) to divide the bottom 7 pockets in half and the left the top pocket long for the title. I then put each job on an address label and had the children's names on address labels that I could move to a new job each week.
  • I taped 2 of the Target charts together side by side and divided each into thirds with tape-creating a six column graph. Children could indicate their place on the graph with the address label name tags. Last year a PT post gave me the idea to print a page of lables for each child-they were great for labeling artwork, writing journals, math folders, etc all year long.
  • Today I bought a bunch more of these dollar charts-for my word study center-children can create words using letter cards, sentences using word cards, etc.
Last year I got the idea on PT to print each a page of labels for each child. They were great for labeling artwork, journals, folders, etc.
Garden Gal is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net