ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - re: Incentives - PLEASE help!
View Single Post

jourdansmom97

Classroom Rewards
Old 07-11-2008, 09:55 PM

I have quite a few rewards that I use and change throughout the year. I do have a treasure chest that I fill with lots of different items that I purchase from oriental trading and anywhere else that I find inexpensive things. I always put coupons, like work with no shoes, sit by a friend, lunch buddy pass, first in line pass, etc. However, its pretty tough to get into my treasure chest.

I use tickets as often as possible. The more I give out tickets, the better my kiddos perform....kinda sad huh? It works!! I give tickets for answering questions correctly, getting along with others, following directions, being prepared for class, etc. The students have an opportunity to trade in tickets for rewards. I have the rewards posted in the classroom. Or they can save tickets for a big drawing on Fridays.

One of my favorites is the 212 degree movie. I showed it to my students and we discussed the behaviors that we expect in class from each other. At the beginning of each day I randomly chose a student that I would watch to see if they were showing the 212 degree behaviors. At the end of the day I announced if that person was successful. If they were, they got certain special rewards for the next day and to wear a necklace I made that says 212 (its painted red with gold numbers). If not, the name is not given and I start over the next morning watching a new student.

You can find this movie by googling Walk the Talk - its called 212 degrees - the extra degree. It made a tremendous difference in my class.

Good luck to you!!
jourdansmom97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net