ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Star Student of the Week
View Single Post

pamnpr

Star of the Week
Old 07-03-2006, 08:28 PM

I too have Star of the Week. We have a lot of weekly and monthly school wide celebrations. (For Example: Star Search Student, Student of the Month, Principal's Academic Student Luncheon) With these celebrations the parents are notified but the student doesn't know they've been selected until that day. So with that said, I wait until after the first 9 weeks of school and then I send home a letter to the parents letting them know what Student of the Week is and the date their child will be the Star! (The students also know this date) I let them know that their child will bring home poster board from school or they may use their own poster board, that they should do the poster as a family project. Decorate it the way they want. Pictures should be labeled. I send home a reminder note the week before. This student is Line Leader all week. They have a Plastic 3 dimensional Star Placed on their desk for the week. On Monday when they bring in their poster we put it up on the bulletin board. The Star sits in a special chair while the other students sit on the carpet around the Star Student. The Star talks about what is on the poster. After the Star is done - the other students may ask questions only - or give compliments about the Star. The Star student is then given a Star Certificate and has their picture taken in front of their poster. The Picture is placed in our Classroom photo album and a copy is sent home. The students love love being Star of the Week. "SMILE"
Attached Files
File Type: doc CDStarofWeekParents.doc (19.5 KB, 919 views)
pamnpr is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net