ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Classroom Themes
View Single Post

Jen L

teach4tx
Old 07-13-2006, 05:32 PM

I'm doing a Survivor theme, too! I did it last year and I think it is so fun. I know I'm crazy, but I've already been up to school decorating. Some of the things I'm doing are: grass/flower skirts around my desk and large tables, tiki torches hanging from the ceiling on either side of the door, mini-tiki torches on the bookshelves, tiki men decorations on the wall, palm tree hanging in the corner with parrots and toucans around it, animal print border with black fabric as the background, an "information hut" bulletin board made out of raffia for stuff like schedule and lunch menu, a bulletin board labeled "Survivor Skills", a bulletin board labeled "Postcards from the Edge" (for postcard exchange), and a bulletin board labeled "Survivor of the Week". I know there's more, but that's what is done so far. I think I get a bit carried away with the whole theme thing. Anyway......

Oh, I'm also going to have weekly "Tribal Council" meetings. I'm playing Homeworkopoly and I've changed the name to Survivoropoly. I also thought that we would have weekly challenges for reviews, etc.

I guess I'm just curious as to what types of things are you doing. Have fun!
Jen L is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net