ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - I'm an Awesome Writer - Printable
View Single Post

Risa

Picnic bulletin board, back to school tie-in
Old 07-19-2006, 08:45 PM

Thanks for sharing this! You just reminded me of a 'back-to-school' bulletin board that I used a couple years ago. (I may end up using it again, after being reminded by your post!)

I'll try to describe it, but forgive me if the description gets muddled. Maybe someone else will be able to use this idea.

The background was a red/white, checkered background, plastic tablecloth.

I made a place setting for each paper plate with a paper napkin, plasticware, and a paper cup cut in half so that it is 3-dimensional. I also found some paper watermelon paper plates (in a party supply store) that I cut in half to make it look like each setting has a slice of watermelon. I use straight pins to put up the 3-D items.

In the middle of each plate was the name of a subject in large letters (Reading, Math, Social Studies, etc.) along with such words as Critical Thinking, Ideas, Good Choices, etc. I think I had about 8-10 'settings' in all.

Across the middle of the 'table' is a banner that says: "Fourth Grade is Food for Your Brain".

Whew! Hope you were able to visualize it from this description! That was good descriptive practice for ME! :-) I'll have to share this with my students when I tell them how important it is to be 'precise' when trying to help the reader see the same image. !
Risa is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net