ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Email from a parent..already! A good thing!
View Single Post

imacacher

Email from a parent..already! A good thing!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:29 AM

We don't get our class lists until Monday, and our kids don't come back until the 28th.

Our "welcome back" letters are mailed out by our secretaries--we write the letters, stuff the envelopes, but then the labels are put on because our class lists are top secret until Monday ( ).

Anyhow, I checked my school email this morning and saw that I already had an email from a parent. I was dreading opening it...they are contacting me already--this can't be good!

BOY WAS I PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!

The parent wanted me to know that she couldn't come to my meet the teacher night because her older child was also having orientation and it would be his first experience in a new school. So, since she and her husband couldn't make it, her mom (the little girls grandma!) is going to come to listen to my presentation and get all the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She also told me that her daughter did kartwheels when she got my letter because she was so excited to have me and that she couldn't wait to meet me and find out what she could do to volunteer in our room.

WOW! What a way to start the year on a positive note!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
imacacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net