ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - You never know who will walk in.........
View Single Post
Lynette12

Lynette12

You never know who will walk in.........
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Yesterday, I subbed in a Kindergarten room. The students were great even though it was one girl's birthday and another girl's first day. At lunch, I went to pick up the students, the birthday girl's mother was there with cupcakes! (Ok, so we skipped rest time to have cupcakes.) BE FLEXIBLE!! Another lady came in the room with the class. Nicely dressed, watching the kids enjoying the cake. Then she came over to me and I asked her if she worked there. She said "No, I am from the Department of Ed. I am just observing." She asked me how long I had worked there. I told her I was a sub or guest teacher. She was pleasant and after the snack time she left.
Then today I was not working and had the TV on at noon. There was the lady that was from the Dept. of Ed on TV!! She is the appointed new Superintendent of Schools!!!!!!!!!! I thought back to how I was when she was in the room, the only thing I remembered was she was pleasant and I was my normal self with helping the children clean up from snack. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO MAY POP IN YOUR CLASSROOM AND YOU MAY NEVER KNOW WHO THEY REALLY WERE> I guess she did not want me to know who she was but I was impressed with her. I am glad I "unofficially" got to meet her since there are 70 schools in this district. I got to meet the Superintendent!! I am glad I did not know who she was at the time or I would have been nervous.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net