ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Way to cram everything in last minute
View Single Post

aly7123

Way to cram everything in last minute
Old 04-25-2018, 03:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

There are 36 days of school left. These are super busy days with our class trip, field day, end of the year testing, end of the year party, plus day-to-day teaching. There's really not a minute of time to spare.

Our assistant principal got the bright idea that we're going to cram a book study into these last 36 days. Well, actually it will be less than 36 days because we have to choose the book first and then order enough copies for everyone. It is going to be about something that is being implemented next year. I will not be in this school or even this state next school year so I really don't give a rat's behind about it (I know that's not the nicest way to put it but this time of year is stressful enough as is and I'm annoyed). In addition to planning things for my classroom, I am also trying to find a job in my home state, packing, preparing for a move to another state, and running a household so I am not sure where I am supposed to fit this in. Pennsylvania teaching job applications take forever to do and that is more important to me right now than this book. My move also happens less than 2 weeks after school ends so it's not like I can wait until school is over to do anything especially since 5 of those days will be spent in PA getting even more things ready.

The teacher next door made a good point - why doesn't she assign this for the kindergarten teachers to read over the summer when there is more free time? Or better yet, why not do the book study in the fall so any new kindergarten teachers will have the training? Or why didn't she do this earlier in the year when we weren't having the end of the year rush?

In all honesty, I will probably not read the book. I may skim it so I can BS something if I am asked about it but there are just not enough hours in the day for me to do a book study right now. If it was January, it would probably be a different story. We have already had two trainings on this and have to miss two more days teaching for even more trainings on it so I'm not really sure what else we will learn from the book. I know I probably sound undedicated right now but it is just not the right time for this.

aly7123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net