ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - A few questions as a newbie
View Single Post

Lottalove

I can't know for sure but...
Old 02-09-2019, 06:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I do bring work home occasionally. I am super careful though with confidential documents. You cannot have them out in public areas--my home computer, yes. A laptop at Starbucks, no. Our web-based IEP system can be pulled up at home or on other computers.

Yes, your pay will most likely be prorated unless you've worked out some other arrangements. Our salary is monthly but all of us have arrangements made for summer pay and insurance as well. Someone on your campus will know the ins and outs of this and hopefully make it known to you. Don't be surprised if the check is considerably smaller than you hoped. In addition to taxes and your share of any insurance, they may also take out for mandatory retirement, union or association dues, and similar.

As to question 3--it depends. Ideally, you would get a few days but, logically, I doubt it. Once you are officially on the books, they will most likely want you to begin.

You may have to "fake it til you make it." It may be a case where the class has had subs for a time even. In that case, things will be extra hectic. Maybe they can get permission for the sub to continue a few days with you in the room as well.

Hopefully, the teacher before left you some things to work with. If I removed everything from the classroom that was a personal item, there would be very little there--and my school and SpEd Director is relatively generous.

Good luck.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net