ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - D5 and job sharing concern
View Single Post
littlemj littlemj is offline
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 55
Junior Member

littlemj
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 55
Junior Member
D5 and job sharing concern
Old 07-13-2010, 04:33 AM
 
Clip to ScrapBook #1

In September I will be teaching Reading Recovery in the morning (60%) and Grade 1 LA the other 40% of the day. This means that I will have a job share partner who will teach all the other subject areas (math, science, SS, health and art) in the AM while I am doing Reading Recovery. I will probably switch into our classroom at around 10:45 or 11:00 a half hour or so before lunch. I have read both the D5 and Cafe books and absolutely love the structure it provides for empowering the students, teaching independence and allowing me to meet with children. I am really excited and my brain has not shut down all summer exploring and reading all I can. My question is for those of you who have used D5, how do you think job sharing will impact the implementation of D5, will the time of day I teach LA (PM) impact the kids ability to build stamina, what can I do to help with the transition between two teachers? Are there any other special things that I need to think about in order for D5 to work for our classroom? P.S. I don't know my job share teacher yet.


littlemj is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net